E. Hill Road Calais

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

sharan

E. Hill Road Calais

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:01 am

Which East Hill Rd is the one y'all recommend? CT, I think its you that have it on the list for the "best see spots". Trouble is, I see it running from Rt 14 near South Woodbury--goes east--turns into Blodgett--and comes out on Rt 215 near Lower Cabot.

The other one is Ducharme, Blachly, E. Hill, then Max Gray to Rt 14 near North Montpelier. Once again, thanks for all your help!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: E. Hill Road Calais

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Sharan: I just conferred with bm our VTr Queen of the Backroads. As I said before, I get confused with all my travels but she and Phil are quite incredible and know right off the where, what and how to get there of Vermont backroads. So we went on this road when we were tooling about and here is her response:

"Ducharme Road turns into East Hill Road when you cross the town line from Cabot to Calais".

I was beginning to doubt whether the road was in Calais, Richmond or Hinesburg and thought it was time to ask the pro! :wink:

Hope this helps! CT

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 am

Sharan: Well looks like you got your answer! bm and I must have replied at the same time. :wink:

I hope you continue asking your questions here on the forum because questions such as your's can be quite engaging for conversation and encourages other forum members to gather up information, links, photos and recommendations! You are exactly what we need here on the foliage forum because when you pose questions regarding your trip and members answer, it not only benefits you, but others who read the post. :D

So keep them coming and we are all ready to help you here on the SOV Foliage Forum to make your 2013 trip to Vermont the best one yet!

CT

sharan

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks ct and bm. I am finding several roads with the same name. I had already marked a route using the other E Hill Rd. Then when bm gave me the route that started out as Ducharme and ended up as Max Gray and I see E Hill Rd mixed in I was totally confused, especially since they are in the same area. Yikes!! I told you I found two roads named Tebbets and didn't know for sure which one until you clarified that for me.
I will continue asking questions and if they need to be put in a sticky thread that is okay. I will leave that up to you guys who know all about that. :)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Sharan: Don't you worry about any sticky threads, there are many of us who can take care of that (mmvt did a great move of your post to the driving routes but just copying the link - thanks mmvt!).

So just keep posting and asking away! Love your questions and inquisitiveness! :wink: