Trip to Vermont

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Suzette

Trip to Vermont

Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:43 pm

Hi all.. :D

My family is coming out to Vermont in Oct. This will be our first trip back east. We are coming by train, (we live in Calif) our first train trip too.. :eek: We will be staying in Manchester. I know this question gets asked alot, but does anyone have an idea of how the foilage might be when we are out there? We will be there from the 9th to the 13th. Then it is off to Boston. We are going to the Adams Family Farm, and to Bromley Park, while in Vermont...anyone have any other suggestions on what to see?? :confused:

ixl

Re: Trip to Vermont

Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:07 am

Hi Suzette... it all depends on how the season goes but generally that is a good time of year for SW Vermont where you will be. There is lots to see around Manchester... drive around the side-roads around town, and consider the drive up Mt. Equinox on a clear day for great views. --c
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

Suzette

Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:59 pm

Thank you so much for the reply ixl. I appreciate it. My family and I are so excited to be coming your way. This has always been a "dream trip" of mine, to see Vermont in the fall foilage time. :) :D

pwt54

Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:33 am

You may want to try the Skyline Drive to the top of Equinox Mountain. The road is paved to the top and the views are worth the price. SW Vermont should be great as will SE Vermont around Grafton, Townshend, and Newfane.