rain!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

evilyn garnett

rain!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 am

Help! After 3 years of meh! foliage I've finally gotten to vt. only to find that 8 days straight of rain has ruined all foliage from walpole up to st. johnsbury. Is the entire NEK like this? Got a tip that out of linenville east haven it's still pretty, but only have 1 day. i was living in midwest for 20 years and bragged about new england fall to my hubby for 13 of them. For past 3 years --since dragging him back to my home--fall has eluded us. He now thinks I'm part of an eastern seaboard chamber of commerce conspiracy. Can anyone suggest a place where I can prove him wrong? Not only am I crushed w. disappointment, but my honor as a New Englander is at stake. I'm in a motel in st johnsbury and it's five thirty am---s.o.s
thank you
Fallen Woman.

bvahjen

Re: rain!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 am

I was in central VT over the weekend, and it was pretty burnt out already at the higher elevations. It would be a ride for you but the lower elevations like over by lake champlain and bennington or brattleboro are probably still nice. Burlington is a nice place to spend a rainy day though, lots to do. Hope it helps.

evilyn garnett

Re: rain!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:02 am

thank you for replying, I appreciate it a lot. Everyone here says we just missed an amazing fall by like four days. One thing that helps is the friendliness of the people we've talked to. The terse, chilled vermonter affect must be a myth. Chatted with gal at dunkin donuts for twenty minutes (she suggested lyndonville and 114) who told me all about growing up here and the roads she liked to drive on and the variable weather. So, it's not a total loss. thanks again.