what will we see in our tripe between 26/9-2/10?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pcpass

what will we see in our tripe between 26/9-2/10?

Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:17 am

Hi,
My family and I are visiting in NY and new england between these dates.
We pale to be in the Niagra falls, then in finger lakes area, from there to 1000 islands, and going east to the Adirondacs (as much as I know from the internet, the foliage start there in thelast two weeks in september). then we will be in the whit mountains (we will pass through burlington and montpeliar). then to new hampshire (franconia notch, Mt. Washingtion, Kancamagus Highway) and to main.
My quastion is - will we see any of the colors?
I hope we will, even if not the peak colors...
??????? Thanks very much.

pwt54

Re: what will we see in our tripe between 26/9-2/10?

Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:23 am

Colors may be a bit early around Niagra and the Finger Lakes area, but peak foliage from the northen Adirondacks through to Franconia Notch. You picked the best time to be here.

pcpass

Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:43 pm

Tank You!!
You Made me Smile !! I've been dreaming about this for a year now, preparing the trip and looking in the Internet to find the best time and best places to see the foliage.
I hope I wan't be dissapointed.
Now I'm Sure!!
Again-Tanks :)

Susan2004

Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:40 pm

I am wondering if there is anyway you could do your trip in reverse order? Foliage peaks later in most areas of New York State (including Niagara Falls and the Fingerlakes region) than it does in Vermont. Although the Adirondacks do go earlier, the end of September still might be a bit early depending on how high into the peaks you go. Starting out in Northern Vermont/New Hampshire and then working your way back to Niagara Falls might give you the best color for the whole trip.

I live in the Fingerlakes region of NY and if you are at all interested in wine, a winery tour is a great tourist stop while you're here...especially in the Fall.