Fall colors early?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Fall colors early?

Wed Sep 27, 2000 8:35 pm

From looking at all of the maps here on the internet, the fall colors are coming a lot faster this year? Is this accurate? I have off next week(1st week in October) and i am wondering if it may be too late for any good color. I am from PA. Thanks!

svmoderator

Re: Fall colors early?

Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:27 pm

Hi,I don't think so...not at all earlier than usual. I am in Quechee (central/eastern Vermont), and we are not close to peak as yet. I was in Randolph on Tues., two days ago (26th), and the colors were more vibrant and more of them up there --about 30 miles north-- but not so advanced as to be at peak yet. I think Columbus weekend will still be excellent in the central section of the state, I heard the Northeast Kingdom is at peak now, so it may be a little beyond by Columbus Day; and southern sections of Vermont should still be approaching peak then, with more to come into mid-October. This is my personal opinion based on my experience with a variety of fall seasons and what I am seeing right now...I think you will be fine for your visit.Susanne