Tossing Around Ideas for VT Fall Foliage Meetup - 10/4/12!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Tossing Around Ideas for VT Fall Foliage Meetup - 10/4/1

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 am

Hi gang: In 3 weeks from Thursday, we are meeting up for the Peacham Fall Foliage Festival. If we have enough time we are going on a back road tour in Barnet, Cabot and Danville by caravan once again. So far we have mmvt, mmvt2, Phil, bm, possibly Carol and hubby, myself, and I think WXMAN? You are all welcome to join us!

We are meeting at the graveyard entrance at the top of Mack Mountain Road at the turnabout. Parking is a premium and this is an easier place to find a spot. You can come in from Danville off route 2 for a nice drive on Mack Mountain. If you are interested in joining us for a day of fun and adventure, sign up here!

As always, rain cancels the meetup. Hope this day comes to fruition as we always have one heck of a great time! :D

Karma2x

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi everyone,
Is this idea still up or did it get shelved? I will be in the NEK on 10/4 and it would be great if you guys dont mind adding one more car to the back-roads caravan. It would be fun to meet up with other foliage crazy folk and follow the expert guides to the VT back roads. You guys do stop to take pictures I hope?

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:51 am

Yo fellow Connecticutian: We are still on! We are watching weather too. Heavy rain cancels. We DO NOT fret about scattered showers or light drizzle and scare folks away! So, we are meeting at the graveyard roundabout to start the day. If you want to do some extensive photographing I would do it in the a.m. because some of us are going to the book sale, craft fair and then we are all having lunch together in the church. Then we are doing a caravan led by the King of the Road PWT. We do stop for photos but since some of us need to get back by dark in other areas of the state, we don't linger long - aka setting up tripods, etc. We are a group on the move!!!!! There is a lot to cover! So far we may have four cars. We have walkie talkies as well and also stay in touch with cell phones when service is available. :wink:

Please check back here on the forum THE DAY BEFORE for updates as to our plans. This is a meetup foremost about getting together with foliage crazies from the forum for fun and adventure and comradery. I hope you can join us and be part of an amazing group of people who stick together for years. We can get pretty nutsy so be open minded and flexible! :lol:

Can you send Phil a private email with your cell phone? Hope to see you there!!!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 am

Please check back here tonight for updates on the Peacham SOV reunion. A bunch of us are going to Killington today for a meetup who also planned to be at the Peacham reunion. We'll make a decision based on the rain/thunderstorms moving into that area and hope for the best. UGH. :(