Soth Central Vermont Suggestions for this weekend

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bvahjen

Soth Central Vermont Suggestions for this weekend

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:31 am

Wanted to get some route suggestions for South Central Vermont this weekend since it has been such a variable year. Will be starting from Chester VT and wanted to get the advice from all the folks who have "been out there" over the last week. Should be a perfect time for all. Looking for a couple of hours loop with some stop offs. Thanks!

pwt54

Re: Soth Central Vermont Suggestions for this weekend

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:55 pm

I haven't been in that area for a week now. The colors were early then and I'm not sure how much they have improved. According to weatherfolks on TV and radio peack is running about a week behind. I'd have to agree with that. Route 302 between East Barre and Groton are peaking. Groton State Forest will be about the same. Route 110 from East Barre to Tunbridge looked good last week. Routes 100 amd 100b are starting to peak. Route 100 north of there is peaking.
Tomorrow Ctyanky, Bm, and I will be touring the back roads above Montpelier in the towns of Calais and Woodbury and will do a report. It's a fun area.