WHERE IS THE COLOR???

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

courtmel

WHERE IS THE COLOR???

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:57 am

Hi All--

For all of us heading up this week, where is all the wonderful foliage? Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Has the rain taken alot of the leaves down? Tell us where to go this Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday even if it encroaches into New Hampshire :oops: ! I will be based out of Littleton, NH and I am biting at the bit to get up there. How do you think the Kanc might look? Sugar Hill? Franconia Notch?

suebot in CT :D :D :D
autumn leaf

pwt54

Re: WHERE IS THE COLOR???

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 pm

After my " FOLI-ASM ON THE KANC" I can tell you that the colors are in northern NH. The NEK should also be good next weekend. The peak color period seems to be running late in VT.

RIMHfire

Re: WHERE IS THE COLOR???

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:40 am

If you look around various posts about NH, you'll see my suggestions. But to paraphrase, Chutter's in Littleton, The Rock Estate in Bethlehem, NH, and the Mt. Washington Hotel are all stops you should go to. And the trips along the way are quite beauteous.