2 Questions I Need Answered Late in the Week

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Rockwall Tim

2 Questions I Need Answered Late in the Week

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:25 pm

I kinda figure that you'll do this anyway, but I want to get these questions out there now. My two main leaf-peeping days will be Sunday and Monday next week.

1. Do the Peacham/Mack Mountain Rd. area and the entire Bayley-Hazen Rd. areas still have enough leaves to warrant a trip?

2. Is the area around East Burke and West Burke totally past peak or is it still worth a trip?

If the above answers are "No", obviously I'll be concentrating on the central/southern areas (which ain't bad, mind you).
II Cor. 4:17

pwt54

Re: 2 Questions I Need Answered Late in the Week

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:34 pm

The Mack Mountain Road will be past peak. The surrounding area was running behind, so there should be color left. The NEK is tough to call. There are areas of peak and pre-peak scattered al over. There may still be good color in the valleys. I won't be back up there this season, so I hope someone else will be able to help you later this week. If things don't look good , I suggest the area north of Montpelier between routes 12 and 14 in Calais and Woodbury. I like that area. I'm taking Ctyanky over there on Thursday. I'll give you an udate then.

WXMAN76

Re: 2 Questions I Need Answered Late in the Week

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:37 pm

I'll be in the area on Thursday so I can update as well.