Waitsfield/Chester/Wallingford Triangle - 10/1/11

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Waitsfield/Chester/Wallingford Triangle - 10/1/11

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:00 pm

my dear friend bm: thank you once again for a wonderful day! What another long one! I must be running on pure adrenaline after the 10 hour day with Phil on Friday!

We had soooooooooooooooo much fun! The Green Mountain Sugarhouse was great. We had a few laughs with bm and one of the staff helping me try on shirts. LOL! We won't go there! The doggie is still there, old but responsive. I go every year, worried the dog won't be there to greet me..... :( The Chester Fair was packed! No rain stops fervent shoppers! I didn't go home with bags full this year, just an item from a church tag sale but we met up with bvahjen from the forum who owns a home in Chester. It was great to see him again. He was short on time with other commitments so we walked around a bit and hoped to meet up possibly over the weekend if I extend my trip! :wink:

Popple Dungeon Road! Yowzah! Thanks to bvhajen we took this road as bm has written. It is a lovely drive with some great color and a few rough spots! bm sped over them, I closed my eyes and hung on for dear life. We saw a sign for Nudist Camp Road so I took a picture. Just for the hell of it.

Dropped a few more bucks at the Weston Village Store but bm kept me to a 1/2 hour time frame and I beat her limit by five minutes and then we ran through buckets of rain to the car and stashed my goods in the trunk. One of the big ones is still there! :lol:

We ended the 10 hour day starving to death and wow, that American Flatbread is awesome! I'm addicted! The pizza is totally amazing and I ate 4 more pieces of my take home when I got back to the inn! poor bm had to go over 17 in fog and rain! :shock:

What a fabulous day despite the rain, great roads, shopping, eating and a wonderful friendship to top it all off! Thanks bm!!!! See you tomorrow at 10:30 for the Danville Autumn on the Green!!!!!!!!! More back roads to explore! Yahoo!

I get to leave one hour later tomorrow too!!!!!!!!!! Phil is going to enjoy one more day of solitude while his favorite girls hit the shopping trails! Then we are in for five or possibly six days of intense touring before I have to leave....

No rain going to stop the foliage train! :wink:

bvahjen

Re: Waitsfield/Chester/Wallingford Triangle - 10/1/11

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Great to see CT and BM on the foliage train! Glad you got to do Popple Dungeon, what a project that must have been to get it passable. Looks like a good long season this year with lots of better weather ahead. It has gotten a lot colder in the last few hours, now it really feels like fall!