Southern VT foliage report 10/12/03

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ixl

Southern VT foliage report 10/12/03

Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:29 am

Hey all,

I had occasion yesterday to drive around much of southern VT. The color has really come on strong in the last week. The prior weekend I was in the Deerfield Valley and almost everything was green, I figured we would be another 10+ days until good color, but it is all really at or close to peak now everywhere but in the lowest valleys.

So it seems even though the higher elevations were very late, the lower elevations are not nearly so late. Usually there is a gap of 2-3 weeks between high peak and low, and this year it will only be about 1 week. Almost certainly due to the warm weather in September.

Really nice color up in the Manchester area, around Mt. Snow and down through Wilmington. The higher areas near Londonderry and even a little south of there are, if anything, past peak now.

Color is just getting going in Bennington proper, but just a bit north of there it is already pretty darned nice.

Get out and enjoy!

Charles
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!