So Long, Farewell, and Sweet Autumn Dreams! I'm outa here!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

So Long, Farewell, and Sweet Autumn Dreams! I'm outa here!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi everyone! The time has finally come and I will be in Vermont tomorrow morning bright and early meeting bm for the Peacham Fall Foliage Festival and if heavy rain, then we are hitting Cold Hollow Cider Mill and then up to Stowe for more shopping and back roads! Yahoo!

I hope you all have a safe and fabulous journey to Vermont. It's going to be an amazing year and the foliage will knock your socks off!

I'm so excited to cross the border and begin my foliage quest with bm and Phil at my side. They are two incredible human beings and I feel so honored to have crossed paths with them years back. I will miss Carol and Andy and Al this year but am also excited to meet mmvt after much correspondence! I've met up with bhavjen from Chester too and will see him at the Chester Craft Fair on the Green on Saturday! And last but not least, dear Charles (ixl) will hopefully meet up with us somewhere, somehow, sometime!!!! What great folks are on this forum!

Mother Nature, the foliage and weather Gods are banding together to bring us one hell of a foliage season! I have it on the best authority! :wink: (Phrase from my favorite movie, Camelot! 8) )

God bless you all and have a wonderful time in the Great State of Vermont!

Hurricane CT :twisted: :P :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Re: So Long, Farewell, and Sweet Autumn Dreams! I'm outa her

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Will VT and I survive 10 days of Hurricane Ctyanky? What about the poor defenseless MOOSE ? :shock:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:21 am

Too late for prayers for you and the moose..... I'm on my way! :twisted:

Andy

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:48 am

Burlington Free Press headline this a.m.:

FOLIAGE IN HIGH GEAR AS VERMONT BRACES ITSELF FOR HURRICANE "CTyanKY"
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

pwt54

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 am

At least the Red Sox won't be driving me crazy anymore. :(

Utah Baker

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Dear CT

I am so excited for you! We would uaually be leaving this Sat. morning for our trip to Vermont, and it is hard to feel "left behind". My husband took me for a drive up the canyon to see the leaves here yesterday evening, trying to sooth me, they are looking good and will probably peak about the same time as the NEK. Trouble is there are no maple creemee's to be found! Can't wait to hear the report of all your adventures, and see pictures! Must concentrate on our trip to Virginia on the 15th, hopefully the foliage will find us there. Happy trails to all, have an absolutely wonderful Autumn adventure! :) Janice

WXMAN76

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 pm

HURRICANE WARNING ISSUED FOR THE STATE OF VERMONT. 3:48PM NHC MIAMI FLORIDA

Category 5 hurricane CTYanky is expected to make landfall soon in Vermont, then will stall and persist the next several days.
This is a very dangerous storm and people should take extra precautions. Hide all your goodies. watch out for speeding blurrs on the area roadways. As an extra precaution we are asking people to paint the leaves on the trees black, this will insure your safety from this dangerous storm. Stay tuned to your local Scenes of Vermont Foliage Forum for updates. Again, this is a dangerous storm, DO NOT APPROACH. Your picture will be taken.

NWS Spotter Activation Requested.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:02 pm

What the ????? I'm just reading this post now! :shock: WXMAN! You are so creative! Thank you Janice for your normal reply. The others enjoy teasing me to death. It happens every year.....

Like I said, I'm just a babbling brook now but after I get some sleep tonight I will be strengthening. Fast. :twisted:

WXMAN76

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 pm

All you guys and gals are too funny! Hey we only go this way once so let's enjoy the ride. Besides we only tease the ones we love! Thank You for being you!

Andy

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Utah Baker wrote:Dear CT

I am so excited for you! We would uaually be leaving this Sat. morning for our trip to Vermont, and it is hard to feel "left behind". My husband took me for a drive up the canyon to see the leaves here yesterday evening, trying to sooth me, they are looking good and will probably peak about the same time as the NEK. Trouble is there are no maple creemee's to be found! Can't wait to hear the report of all your adventures, and see pictures! Must concentrate on our trip to Virginia on the 15th, hopefully the foliage will find us there. Happy trails to all, have an absolutely wonderful Autumn adventure! :) Janice
I feel your pain, Janice :(
Andy

Andy

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:16 pm

LOL, WXMAN. I am just feeling more vindicated, naming you SOV Forum comedian. The weather reports aren't too shabby, either :)
Andy