Trip Anxiety....

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Trip Anxiety....

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:33 am

I just wanted to let everyone know (and add some humor further on) that it is not only folks coming in from far with limited time or new to Vermont but...... I do suffer some minor trip anxiety myself (even though I have been traveling up to Vermont for years) . :| It is a grand affair (at least for me!) to pack for almost 2 weeks not knowing what the weather will be (needed ski jacket, gloves, scarf at some points last year), getting the house and yard and pet ready, finalizing plans with my friends up in VT, etc. etc. etc. This mild anxiety is also a combination of excitement and anticipation of the trip to come! 8)

To top it off, last night I dreamed I got lost driving home from work in my own town and ended up on a dirt road lined with gorgeous colors! I was in foliage heaven!!!! :shock: Then I saw some women lining the road gawking at something so I knew it had to be a moose! So..... I looked myself.

It was a huge bear! But not your normal bear. This one had on huge sunglasses and a Boston Red Sox ski jacket! :o I told everyone that's not a normal bear!!!! But they still kept watching! So I continued on my way!

So you see, I too, suffer from anxiety about my trip!!!! So let's all relax and enjoy our trips..... I'm trying to take my own advice too!

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just thought I would share some humor before I left this week..... :wink: )
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Rockwall Tim

Re: Trip Anxiety....

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:53 am

Was the Boston Red Sox bear holding a gun to his head? (uh, the team hasn't exactly been doing well in Sept.)
II Cor. 4:17

Andy

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah. I assume he was embearassed :P
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

new_to_USA

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 am

LOL.. Finally what happened to the bear?

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:05 am

Oh dear.... I will have to keep you posted on what happened next, seeing that lately I am having some very vivid dreams! Oh the joy of readying for an extended Vermont foliage vacation!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Yes Andy, maybe the bear was embearassed seeing that he had sunglasses on!

You know, this could turn into a great bear story.... once upon a time, the bear (Red Sox) and the moose (Yankees gasp) met in Vermont and....... :P

Hopefully, it will have a happy ending. You never know with those Red Sox or Yankee fans!

WXMAN76

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:00 pm

My suggestion for curing trip anxiety. Take 2 Ativan and get to vermont as soon as possible!

pwt54

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:09 pm

If her boss saw the color I saw today. he would chain her to the desk.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:04 pm

oh my dear Carol! You have so much on your plate! Maybe you need some Cowtipper wine??? I'll add it to my list! :lol: Skip the Xanax!!!

I'm TOTALLY PACKED AND READY!!!! So minus that anxiety, I hope I don't have any more dreams with that bear! I still can't figure out why he had on sunglasses.... maybe the Red Sox ski jacket is understandable.... :?

Well, I could go for a moose dream..... stay tuned! :roll:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 pm

We could all come to your house in Killington for a group session??? I think we may need it.... Well, maybe after the Killington Gondola ride of course.... :roll:

Rockwall Tim

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Here's a peek into my psyche right now. This year's trip will be way too short...I screwed up and waited too long to make airline reservations (learned my lesson!), so I, my wife, and her sister will arrive on Sunday morning, Oct. 8, in Hartford and head back to Texas Tuesday evening, Oct. 11.

So our leaf-peeping will be condensed into about a 60-hour time frame. I worry about the weather. On previous trips, my wife and I would have 5 days or so set aside, and we were almost guaranteed great weather for two of the five days. But this year, it'll be trickier due to the brevity of the trip. Every year when the first day of our trip is 15 days away, I go to Accuweather and look at their 15-day forecast to get their first take on the first day of our trip. The sad thing is that I know forecasting for 15 days away is very problematic. Still, I find myself getting excited if that 15th day is predicted to be sunny, and conversely I'm crushed if rain is being forecast. Of course, the Accuweather folks will change their prediction several times as the trip days draw closer. But I just can't help taking a peek at that long-range outlook! I'm a sick man!
II Cor. 4:17

Andy

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 am

ctyanky wrote:Oh dear.... I will have to keep you posted on what happened next, seeing that lately I am having some very vivid dreams! Oh the joy of readying for an extended Vermont foliage vacation!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Yes Andy, maybe the bear was embearassed seeing that he had sunglasses on!

You know, this could turn into a great bear story.... once upon a time, the bear (Red Sox) and the moose (Yankees gasp) met in Vermont and....... :P

Hopefully, it will have a happy ending. You never know with those Red Sox or Yankee fans!
I'm pretty sure even the Bears could beat the Redsox right now :twisted:
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .