First to Vermont, I appreciate the help.

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

nbk10081

First to Vermont, I appreciate the help.

Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:53 am

Hello, I am driving to vermont on 10/11 and stay one night @ killington and leave vermont to niagara on late sunday. I know its too short to cover everything in vt. I need help if any body knows any scenic drives towards killington coming from Central new jersey. My Idea is to cover some real fall routes while i am coming to killington. I appreciate the help in advance.

pwt54

Re: First to Vermont, I appreciate the help.

Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:28 am

We have to get you up here quickly. I'd take I-87 north through Albany and up to exit 7 in Troy. Take route 7 east to Vermont where it turns to route 9 east. Take route 9 east through Bennington to Wilmington. In Wilmington Village, pick up route 100 north to route US 4 in Bridgewater. Turn left and Take route US 4 east to Killington. Next day; take route US 4 west to route 149 WEST at the traffic light in Fort ANN. Take route 149 west to the end and turn right onto route US 9 north. Go to route 28 in Warrensburg. Now you have a choice that depends on how much time you have. SHORT ROUTE; take route 28 to route 8 in Weavertown and turn left. Take route 8 southwesterly to route 12 south into Utica and I-90 west to Buffalo. Medium route. Take route 28 to route 30 south at Indian Lake. Take route 30 south to route 30 in Speculator and turn right on route 8 and to Utica. Long route; Route 28 all the way to route 12 south at Alder Creek and Utica. I've been on all of there roads at one time or another and I like them. By the way, The Adirondack Museum is just north of the jct of routes 28 and 30 in Blue Mountain Lake. It's worth a look if you have time.