A few Vermont Photos

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

autzig

A few Vermont Photos

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm

While the weather in Vermont this year took its toll on the foliage, with Carol's help, I found some opportunities to capture some really nice shots. Thanks, Carol, not only for showing us some of your favorite photo locations but also for the great dinner on Saturday night. When word gets around about the great meal you served, the crowd will be much larger next year.

It was nice to see CT, Phil, George, Carol and Steven who I met last year at Carol's place. Meeting up with Andy was great, as was meeting Tim, Brian and George's wife.

While I returned home to Minnesota on Saturday, I have not had access to my website so I was unable to post any photos until today. I have enjoyed seeing photos others posted.

Here are some of mine.

This is my favorite. The "sugar house" between Barton and Irasburg that Carol showed us.

I'll admit that I took out some power poles and lines.

Here's another that I was able to capture because Carol showed us another of her favorite spots:

And here's another of Carol's locations:

And lastly, one I sort of found without Carol's help. Of course it isn't exactly a secret place.

Al

ixl

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Very nice compositions and color there Al.

I think you may need to get your lens checked... some of the images seem quite noticeably sharper on the right side than on the left... most evident in the first and last.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

faxmachineanthem

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Nice Al! I enjoyed these especially since I watched you snap several of them. I wondered what you were shooting at the May Pond, as I wasn't seeing any good compositions. But you found one there. I enjoyed the meet-up; maybe we can do it again next year.