Northeast Kingdom Foliage Report

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Northeast Kingdom Foliage Report

Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:06 pm

Okay, Leafpeepers, the Northeast Kingdom is ready for you. I wandered around up there today and it was BEEE-yute-teeee-full ( that's how we say it), even with all the rain and snow (yes, snow). The snow was very light with no accumulation. Pick a road, any road, and enjoy. For the more adventureous, the Granby Road between route 114 and route 102 was gorgeous! It's a good dirt road. You can pick it up on route 114, about 2.3 miles north of East Burke Village on the right. Look for directional signs saying; Gallup Mills and Granby. Bring a lunch. I also rode around the Barnet/ Peacham area. There are colors, but it's still in the early stages. Any road north of route US 2 and east of route 108 will be good. Speaking of route 108, I noticed it was snowing hard between Madonna Mountain and Mt. Mansfield. That means there is a lot more snow in Smuggler's Notch. It will be closed for some time. I'll let you folks know what's happening there on Thursday. Have fun .

imtiaz

Re: Northeast Kingdom Foliage Report

Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:27 pm

Thanks for keeping us all updated.
Will the colors going to be still at peek next weekend in the kingdom?

pwt54

Re: Northeast Kingdom Foliage Report

Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:05 pm

It will be a close call. It depends on the weather,especially the wind. There will still be good colors up there. I figure that after next weekend the colors will start fading above route 15 and start peaking from route 15 south. Except for Walden,Vt., colors are still early on route 15. You'll only be 1/2 hour from peak.