Help needed

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

rabh

Help needed

Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am driving to Vermont this weekend from Jersey City NJ - will be there on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I have booked accomodation Bondville (I think it is in southern VT). Could some one suggest the best routes for driving?

Thanks

pwt54

Re: Help needed

Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:31 pm

It depends on which route you are taking to Vermont. If you are coming up I-87, take exit 7 ABOVE Albany,NY. Take route 7 east to Bennington,Vt. Route 7 changes to route 9 in Vt. Take route 9 east to Wilmington and the route 100 north to Bondville. The next day do route 30 west to Manchester and then route 7A south to Bennington. Then take route 9/7 west back to I-87.
If you are using I-91, get off exit 2 in Brattleboro,Vermont. Go into Brattleboro and take route 30 west to Bondville. Next day, take route 30 east from Bondville to route 100 south. Take route 100 south to route 9 east in Wilmington. Take route 9 east to Brattleboro and I-91 back home. Have fun.

rabh

Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

How are the fall colors in and around Bondville this weekend? I would be staying in BromleyView inn and the inn keeper says the colors are coming up nicely there. Would it be best to just drive aroud Green mountain forest? Are there any other routes/areas you would suggest for best viewing?

I also read about the Mount Snow valley and the chairlift. Is it good this time of the year? Are there any colors to be seen there?

Thanks a lot.

pwt54

Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:59 am

Route 100 north from Londonderry should be real nice if Bromley has nice colors. Route 9 between Brattleboro and Bennington is reporting good colors also. These two corridors have a colder climate, so they change colors early. We got snow in the mountains up here. You may have snow on the mountains down there, so check around. You might be able to drive to the top of Mt. Equinox off route 7A south of Manchester. The road is called Skyline Drive. It's kind of nippy up here, so bring warm clothes.