Jackson Gore Inn, Ludow

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

BostonRott

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:23 am

I'll get you a clear set of directions either tonight, or more probably, tomorrow. In-laws arriving this afternoon, Mommy is cleaning cleaning cleaning! :)
Gretchen

Utah Baker

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Gretchen, I know you've been busy, but if you have the time I would really love to get those directions before we leave Sat. Or if anyone else would like to offer directions to the Jenne Farm that would be great too! Thanks to all!

BostonRott

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi,

Sorry 'bout that. Jenne Farm is on Jenne Road, in Woodstock, Vermont, directly off of Rte 106. If you use Google maps, and plug in Jenne Road, Woodstock, VT......you can then enter your start place and get exact directions. Jenne Road is a small, dirt road. People park on the grass just off the side of the road. If you want the best light, you need to be there for sunrise, which is usually shortly after 7a. Enjoy!!! :D
Gretchen

Aspen

How to locate Jenne Farm and the Sugar House

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Will share , well known photographer, Mr. Arnold Kaplan's directions on how to find Jenne Farm and the Sugar House. On the Photography Forum, Mr. Kaplan shares that he has been photographing in Vermont for over some 60 years. Mr. Kaplan is the author of a photo scenic guide-book for Vermont, How to Find and Photograph The Photo Scenics in Vermont. Check Photography Forum to learn more about Mr. Arnold Kaplan.

Directions to Jenne Farm
(both Jenne Farm and the Sugar House are off Route 106 South of Woodstock, Vermont) Set your car's odometer at o.o at Routes 4 & 106 in Woodstock (the Woodstock Inn is at this intersection). Take Route 106 south for 8.1 miles. You will see a small road on the right that leads up a hill, and a small house on the corner. Turn right and drive to the top of the hill and you will be looking down at the famous Jenne Farm. (personal note: more likely before reaching the top of the hill, you will see many photographers and cars. Park off the road so flow of traffic is not blocked on this road)

Directions to the Sugar House:
(From Jenne Farm...) Go back down the road to Route 106. Turn right and go down the road for a half a mile and you will see a small country road leading up a hill on the left. Drive up this road for 3/10th of a mile and you will see the red Sugar House on the left side of the road. Drive past the Sugar House and up the hill for 2/10th of a mile and stop. When you look back down the hill you will see the "S" curved road leading to the Sugar House. This is your shot. Be sure to take in the birch trees on the right hand side of the road.

Thanks to Mr. Kaplan for sharing these directions for endless opportunities of many to photograph Jenne Farm and the Sugar House.

Aspen

BostonRott

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 pm

The problem I had with his directions was that I didn't come from Woodstock, I came in from the south. Thus, the mileages, etc, were relatively useless to me. That's why I gave the location on a google map.......you'll be able to get to it no matter where you are. :)

Just found my notes, the Sugar House is on Riggs Rd. Do NOT take the first left off 106 (after leaving Jenne Farm), it leads to a very nasty road that is uber-narrow and has lots of signs that suddenly appear about "you will be shot." The sugar shack is on a relatively flat and well set road. Continue up past the shack and there's a stunning farm up there too, where students come to intern.
Gretchen

Utah Baker

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Thank you. thank you, thank you!! I am printing this page off to take with me. Can't wait, I am up to my eyeballs with work and getting chores down around the house so we can leave (bottlling peaches, cannning chili sauce, etc., ect.) As I am sure everyone else is. Happy trails to all!

Utah Baker

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am

Directions to Jenne Farm
(both Jenne Farm and the Sugar House are off Route 106 South of Woodstock, Vermont) Set your car's odometer at o.o at Routes 4 & 106 in Woodstock (the Woodstock Inn is at this intersection). Take Route 106 south for 8.1 miles. You will see a small road on the right that leads up a hill, and a small house on the corner. Turn right and drive to the top of the hill and you will be looking down at the famous Jenne Farm. (personal note: more likely before reaching the top of the hill, you will see many photographers and cars. Park off the road so flow of traffic is not blocked on this road)

Just as note to others following these directions, the small road on the right with the small house on the corner is clearly marked Jenne Road. We got there Thursday afternoon just as the clouds parted and the sun came out. Just beautiful! I think I got some decent pics! Thanks again for the directions. Janice