Travelling to VT on Oct 10 for 2 nights

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

AviBhatt

Travelling to VT on Oct 10 for 2 nights

Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am travelling from CT with my family to VT for 2 nights (Oct 10-11). I will appreciate if there are any suggestions regarding where to stay and what route to take to enjoy the foliage.

Thanks.

pwt54

Re: Travelling to VT on Oct 10 for 2 nights

Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:50 am

Peak colors will be around route US 4 and south if there. There will be some good late colors north to about route US 2. Late colors have fewer reds and oranges mixed in. That weekend is Columbus Day Weekend. I work for the State of Vermont Rest Area Program. That weekend is the only time I CAN NOT find rooms for travelers! We have foliage seekers from all over the world, plus many of our Colleges have "old home" days that weekend because it's a long weekend. I strongly advise you to reserve a room as soon as possible. That way you can look at the colors instead of looking for rooms. Check out this site or vermontpartners.org for possiblities.