2010 Vermont Fall Church Suppers

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

2010 Vermont Fall Church Suppers

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm

The Fall 2010 Vermont church supper dates and details are slowly coming in! The last supper thread drew a reasonable amount of interest so am I going to work on a new list for the 2010 season. Last year I was able to find 30 or so church suppers throughout the state during fall foliage. I called the NEK chamber and the suppers for the foliage festival in the various towns should be up in late May along with their full event details. I'll add those as well.

If you have never been to a church supper, you should try one! It's all about community and meeting some wonderful Vermont residents. It's means enjoying the full Vermont experience, especially during the most beautiful of all seasons! (The food and desserts are amazing too! :wink: )

If you have any you would like to add, please do so or let me know where you found one and I will research it and add to the list! Or, perhaps just plain share your thoughts on one that you might have enjoyed in recent years! Here are a few to get your appetites ready!

Chicken Pie Supper: Waitsfield, 9/25/2010

Supper includes steaming chicken and gravy topped with handmade rolled biscuits, heaping bowls of winter squash and mashed potatoes, creamy cole slaw, and homemade pies served with generous wedges of cheddar cheese.

Date: Saturday, September 25, 2010
Time: Seatings at 5:30pm and 6:45pm only. No reservations.
Admission: Adults $9, Seniors $8, children 5 - 12 $5; children under 5 free
Phone: 802-496-7785

Spaghetti Supper: Peacham Congregational Church, 9/30/2010

PEACHAM FALL FOLIAGE DAY (part of the Annual Fall Foliage Festival)

Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010
Time: Seatings 5:00 P.M. & 6:30 P.M.
Admission: $10.00 Adults, $5.00 Children 6-12, Children under 6 free
Tickets at the Gym (9:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.) after that at the Congregational Church

http://www.peacham.net/fallfoliageindex.php

For more information, call Sharon Fuehrer, (802-592-3326), or Marilyn Magnus, (802-592-3320), or Mary Williams, (802-592-3135)

Chicken Pie Supper: Richmond Congregational Church, 10/6/2010

This traditional supper, held for the last 62 years to celebrate the fall harvest and foliage season, includes chicken pie, mashed potatoes, squash, and cole slaw topped off with apple or pumpkin pie. 140 guests are seated at each of four different seatings.

Date: October 6, 2010
Seatings: 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 pm. Reservations required.
Location: Richmond Congregational Church, 20 Church St, Richmond
Web Site: http://www.rccucc.org/
Phone: (802) 434-2516
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot