It's December already! Brilliant full moon tonight!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

It's December already! Brilliant full moon tonight!

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:55 pm

If you have clear skies in your area check out the December full "cold" moon. Just stunning in the black sky! It is really cold here and we are expecting snow this weekend. (I won't believe it until it gets to be about the day before. :wink:)

I don't know why I am drawn to full moons, I just am. :roll: They sure are a marvel to behold! I love the full moon in winter when the snow is on the ground, glistening below, and the snow is crunching beneath my feet. It seems so long ago that I was shuffling through autumn leaves. Where has the time gone?

A deep freeze is on it's way this weekend in the northeast and the holiday lights are beginning to appear!

Hope everyone out there is well and getting ready for the holidays just around the corner!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Carol: no fangs yet. :P But I've been told I've been howling in my sleep at times. :wink:

Come to think of it, my jaws have been aching lately. :twisted:

And...... I just rented "Dances With Wolves". :shock: :shock: :shock:
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

GIC

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:25 pm

You two are like box of Cracker Jacks. You never know what kind of surprise you two will next from your post.

Andy

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Hey there GIC: Good to hear from you. What kinds of photographic things are you doing these days?
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:45 am

Getting back to the full moon..... :roll: Here is a photo of the December Blue Moon over Camel's Hump courtesy of Burlington Free Press today, 12/31/09. It gives a great description of what a "blue moon" really is. We had two in December!

Great photo of the full moon in Vermont! Howl! Howl! Howl! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hope some of you can get out and enjoy it with the snow sparkling everywhere below. With the snow storm expected soon, it may not happen for everyone in New England.....

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/arti ... is-it-blue