National Geographic 133 Best Destinations

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

autzig

National Geographic 133 Best Destinations

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:39 pm

I picked up the Nov/Dec issue of the National Geographic at the barber shop tonight. The cover headline read "133 Best Destinations" and of course, they included destinations all over the world. The number 7 best destination and first U. S. location mentioned was Vermont!

Thought all of you Vermonters and Verwantabees would be interested to know that Vermont was so highly regarded.

Al

rk

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Al: that's certainly worthy of mentioning on this forum. This Vermontabee thinks so at least! :wink: Thanks for posting it!

rk: thanks for putting up the context.

But then again, we all know Vermont's where it's at :!: :!: :!:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

GIC

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:32 pm

autzig and rk
Thanks for that info. Sitting here in the truck and decided to check forum.
That is a great read. I have been to some of those national and international places listed. I know you have autzig from some of your pictures that I have seen, which are like said before are National Geographic quality photos. My mother was a school teacher and had she hundreds upon hunderes of NG magazines. I used to look at the pics while I was growing up. NG inspired me to want to be a photographer.
Wish they had digital cameras back then.
Really good read.
Thanks,
GIC

Aspen

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:07 pm

autzig thanks for sharing that the Nov/Dec 2009 issue of National Geographic lists Vermont among 133 places to visit. rk thanks for the post of the National Geographic article on Vermont.
The article mentioned Vermont was a summer magnet! That's remarkable information when this Vermont Fall Foliage Forum also conveys Vermont is the place to be in the Fall! Call that a Fall magnet.
There's also snow in winter, Sugar Maple syrup time in Spring ( not to mention Mud Season some comment about)
Put all this together, it makes Vermont an all around destination to visit, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall!
Congratulations Vermont for being commended in the National Geographic magazine! It's a most deserving honor!
Aspen

Andy

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:43 am

Aspen -- as a former "short timer" there (about 4 years - year round), I can say that the only really "bad" season in Vermont is the Mud Season. The rest of the time, it is perpetually beautiful. A view from the top of Mt. Mansfield, in the summer is still pretty awesome.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

randgbaker

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:05 pm

What a honor. Grats.