SOV Reunion and meandering around in Vermont Pics

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

GIC

SOV Reunion and meandering around in Vermont Pics

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Sorry but better than never. Here are a few pics from last weekend SOV Reunion and meandering around in Vermont. More to come later.
Special Thanks to PTW54 and Brother, Abby and husband, ctyanky and autzig for making this a memorable trip.

Go to website and click on Slideshow.
http://gic-images.smugmug.com/Other/Fal ... 6864_AT2RL

GIC

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:09 am

GIC: these are beautiful photos. Brings back a lot of memories! The color is stunning! Thanks for putting these up!!!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 am

Great photos. I'm working on mine and hope to get them online soon. been busy get my car and my mothers car back from the shop.

rk

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:56 am

Crystal Lake Snap is superb. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos

Andy

Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm

I'm thinking you liked Crystal Lake, GIC :lol: . The reflection with the rock face is really nice. Great job with the color. Looking forward to seeing more!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

GIC

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:35 am

Thanks for those comments everyone. Here is a panorama of Lewis Pond.

http://gic-images.smugmug.com/Other/Fal ... jcUVZ-A-LB

Nothing like being there in person.
GIC

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:40 am

GIC: thanks so much for this panorama of Lewis Pond. It tugs at my heartstrings. Wow. :shock:

You are right. There is nothing like being there in person. I was trying to tell my friends about it, my eyes lighting up as I spoke, and I just couldn't put into words my experience. Unless someone has been there, or in "similar" VT destinations, there just doesn't seem to be a connection..... :roll:

I miss being in Vermont so much :cry: and hope to live through the forum member's travels by pictures and posts in the coming days and week. Trying to plan a day trip back up a week from today to ease my sorrow. :wink:

Again, your picture is gorgeous.

Going to Lewis Pond is as much about the journey as the destination.
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:33 am

That photo should convince the more adventurous leefpeeper that the Lewis Pond Overlook is a "must do" spot.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 pm

GIC: I just put your Lewis Pond Panorama on X3! WOW! That was cool! 8)

autzig

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Carol, making a panoramic in Photoshop is really easy.

First you have to make sure you level your equipment in the field. That's the hardest part. I have a leveling unit on my tripod that adjusts easily so my camera is level when on the tripod. Then I use a hotshoe mounted level to make sure my camera is level. With that setup you are assured that you won't lose parts of the photo because the cropping. You can then shoot your photo sequence. Overlap each shot by about 20% so Photoshop will have data to match up.

In Photoshop, open the files you want to stitch together. Then choose FILE, AUTOMATE, PHOTOMERGE. You will be presented with a option to choose the files you want to combine. Click on Auto Layout and Add Open Files and then click OK. Photoshop does the rest. That is all there is to it.

When Photoshop is done, crop the resulting photo and you are done.

autzig

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:30 pm

George, nice photos. My two favorite are the "Country Road" shot and the one of Crystal Lake where the foliage and wall.

I just didn't like any of the long views I took at Lewis Pond. Your panorama was very nice.

Andy

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Hey GIC: Check your PM's. I sent you one.
Andy

GIC

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi autzig, Thanks for those comments. Yes I know what you mean. For me Lewis Pond was not an easy shoot. It is one of those breath taking places where single photos can not do it justice or interpret the scene. I don't know how to explain it. There was so much going on in both the foreground, mid distance and back background. I think the only suitable way to shoot that scene was with a panorama. Wish I had shot more sequences.

Thanks for the Photoshop pana info. I use arcsoft Panorama Maker 5 and have been using arcsoft panorama software for years. I usually overlap in thirds. I'm going to revisit Photoshop and give it a try.

Hey Andy for some reason I did not get your PM. Can you resend it?
Thanks,
GIC

Andy

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 am

Al/GIC: Panos are something I just haven't done. I need to try it. Maybe a Pano from Cadillac Mountain when I am in Maine?

GIC: I have been trying to figure out why the PM's don't go (they are sitting in my "outbox"). CT may have solved my mystery. I'll try again.
Andy