Follow-up, St Albans area Oct 7th-10th

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

susan

Follow-up, St Albans area Oct 7th-10th

Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:17 am

I forgot to ask.....would it be better to just get on Rt 7 around Burlington and take it to Bennington, or is Rt 100 one of those roads you should view also?!? (smile) Thanks!!

pwt54

Re: Follow-up, St Albans area Oct 7th-10th

Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:06 am

Isabel left us alone. Fairfield Mt. in St.Albans is showing some good early color fight now. Colors should be good from US 2 south. Route 100 would be a better choice. However, every "leafpeeper" in the world will know this,so it could be busy there. Here's what I'd do. Take route 7 south to route 22A in Vergennes. Take route 22A south about 6 miles to route 17 west in Addison. Turn right at the flashing yellow light and go about a mile. Look for a long parking lot on the left. Park there and see what the Snowgeese are up to. After you are done there, go back to route 22A and turn right. Head south to the jct. of route 74 east in Shoreham. Route 74 east will be on your left just north of the village. (if it's getting close to lunch time you may want to stop at the Halfway House restaurant to eat. Eating places will be scarce where I'm sending you.) Take route 74 east to the jct. of route 30 south in Cornwall. Turn right and take route 30 south all the way to Manchester. I like this route. It's lightly traveled and has good views.