need help with route to see alot of color

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Dawood Allan

need help with route to see alot of color

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:39 am

Hi guys. my trip is finally so near so I would like your help on something. I am leaving Monday to head to Stowe, but I am going to make some stops along the way, and need the best route so I can see alot of color. I am going to stop at Grafton, then Weston, Mendon and Rutland, and finally Stowe. Can someone please give me a nice scenic route I can take so I can see some color. Thanks so much

pwt54

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Color will be early in Grafton, but will be picking up in Weston. And it will get even better as you drive north. You can take either route 35 north or route 121 west from Grafton to get to route 11 west. Route 121 will be quicker. Drive route 11 west to route 100 north in Londonderry. Turn right onto route 100 north to get to Weston. I would stay with route 100 north all the way to Stowe. It is peaking this weekend. A couple of tips for you. On route 100 between Ludlow and Killington is the Green Mountain Sugarhouse. Stop in for a maple creamee. Also, don't bother going to Rutland, the color won't be ready yet. Just continue route 100 north from Mendon for the best color.