An official unofficial foliage report

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

An official unofficial foliage report

Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:06 pm

I was riding around northeastern Vermont today to check out the colors. There are a lot of early foliage up there right now. I figure that next weekend colors will be real nice and peak colors by the end of next week, if Hurricane Isabella doesn't blow all of the leaves down. Things are on schedule. Hot spots are Morgan, Island Pond, Eden-Lowell, route 5A south of Lake Willoughby.

katesupa

Re: An official unofficial foliage report

Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:05 am

Thank you so much for the info. I'm planning on a foliage trip to Vermont this year. Better make it around end of Sep-beginning of Oct, right?

I lovevermont

Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:43 am

In the Northeast Kingdom the red and sugar maples are beginning to turn . One says because there was so much rain the colors should be brilliant.

Lake Seymour, Lake Willoughby both will be blazing with mirror like colors in the water. before too long

pwt54

Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:36 pm

Last week of September and first week of October are the best times form route US 4 north. Colors are looking real good. I went to work in St.Albans after 2 days off and the change in colors surprised me.