Bike rental

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ying

Bike rental

Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:55 am

Hello. We are planning to go to Vermont from Oct 5 to Oct 7.We would like to take the bike trip recommended from the website. Could anyone tell me if there is bike rental around Quechee and woodstock area?

And also if there is any trail along Route 100 between Pittsfield and Ludlow that we could have a good view of the foliage? We will also take places which is not too far.

Is it too late to go along Route 100 Oct5-7?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bike rental

Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:43 am

There are two bike shops in Woodstock. Both are on route 4. One is in the center of town, close to shopping. The other is on the west side of town opposite the Century House of Woodstock.
I am not sure if these bike shops are listed on the web. You might check the Woodstock Chamber site for a members listing

http://www.woodstockvt.com

In Quechee, you can rent bikes at the Quechee Inn/Inn at Marshland Farms. Ask for Marty.
Marty has a page on Scenes of Vermont. Here is the url:

http://www.scenesofvermont.com/wildernesstrails/index.html

ying

Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:28 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. I think we will try the one in Quechee. This forum is really helping to make plan our vacation easier. Thanks again.

pwt54

Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:41 pm

Colors should be peaking in that area about that time. You may also want to do route 12 north and south of route 4, route 106 south of Woodstock, and the Pomfret Road off route 12 until the pavement ends and the come back.

I lovevermont

Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:55 am

There is a book out that a lot of cyclists use called "25 Best Bike Tours in Vermont" There is also another one about the trails on the rails.If one wants to go inn to inn, it is very helpful.

I enjoy biking and have found these books helpful . Maybe it is info for the future . Enjoy Woodstock. It is a quaint area.