Dining in Stowe area

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Broomrider

Dining in Stowe area

Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:32 pm

We will be staying in the center of Stowe in October and would like some suggestions on good restaurants. We would like to avoid family restaurents with lots of children. We like quieter places with good food and service. <BR>Thanks,<BR>Sally Broomrider

pwt54

Re: Dining in Stowe area

Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:55 pm

Stowe is loaded with great restaurants. How to choose?? The Shed has great food and is also a microbrew. Whiskers is very good. Partridge Inn for seafood. Foxfire for Italian. The restaurants at Von Trapp, Topnotch, and Snowdrift Resorts are, well, topnotch. I really can't comment o "quiet' because my idea on quiet might be different than yours. None of these restaurants would be considered "family" restaurants although they may have a few kids there. I would eat at any of these places under any conditions short of a political convention.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Dining in Stowe area

Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:15 am

Sally, <BR>I can recommend Ye Old English Inne...it is on the Mountain Road. They have a new chef and the food is excellent. A specialty is Kobe beef (Japanese). It's about $50 for an order, but for a one time treat and experience, well worth it! I also like their Shepherd's Pie.<P>