Historic Barns in Vermont's Mad River Valley

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Historic Barns in Vermont's Mad River Valley

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:49 pm

http://www.courant.com/travel/hc-neweng ... 5022.story

I thought you would enjoy reading this article that appeared in our Hartford Courant today. It was really interesting to see how they are preserving historic barns to serve as inns and restaurants. There is a link to view the photos of the barns and the Common Man Restaurant in Waitsfield is #14, where we had one heck of a fine dinner last year. Also, I am sure many of you will recognize Inn at Round Barn Farm and Mountain Valley Farm, both in Waitsfield. The Skinner Barn is beautiful and we have many photos of this barn as well. You will see it in the photo display in the article. The back roads that they are on, well, there are no words to describe them. They have been some of my favorites in my Vermont travels.

If you have not been to the Inn at Round Barn it is well worth a stop. An absolutely picturesque setting and photo opportunities galore!

If you have been to any barns that serve the public in this manner, please post, as they are always a nice stop on any journey! (As are most of the barns that are still in use for farming and agricultural today!)
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot