Five Months From Today!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Five Months From Today!!!!

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Ok folks! Five months from today's date of April 22nd, is the first day of Autumn! :D

I predict that it is going to be a quick Spring and a long, hot Summer! I can feel it in my bones! (Especially with 85 coming our way already this weekend!)

Although I have a lot of fun events scheduled for summer, counting down ‘till our most glorious season is still FUN! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Don’t you think? (Come on, I’m not the only fall fanatic out there!!!) :shock:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

SMS

Can't wait for Fall!

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 pm

You're not the only fanatic! I'm so looking forward to Fall! I've been away from the forum for a while...part of it because life gets so busy and the other part is jealousy!...jealousy over reading all of your wonderful stories about your visits to Vermont and not being able to make a trip! Hahaha! :) Sounds like the SOV Reunion was a lot of fun!

My parents are thinking of making a trip to Vermont this Fall so I'm trying to help them make some plans. I thought I would check in and see what's going on with all of you here on the forum.

Hope you are all doing well!

AND hope that i can figure out some way to make it back to Vermont...and soon! :wink: hee hee

I'm off to enjoy this lovely Spring day in Nashville!

~Sarah Marie
~Sarah Marie

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi SMS: nice to see you back on the forum! I hope you enjoyed your lovely Spring day in Nashville. It must be beautiful there!

I know you will find your way back to Vermont! It gets in your blood and there is no way to get it out but to return again and again! (Or move there! :roll: )

I guess you can call it "Vermont Fever"? :wink:

We sure would love to have you join us for the SOV reunion the first weekend in October so maybe it will happen for you!

Stay in touch and hope to see you back on the forum in the coming months.
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

SMS

Fri May 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks ctyanky and abby! I'm glad to be back on here reading everyone's wonderful posts! :D
~Sarah Marie

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:13 am

I thought I would revive the "five month post countdown" from last year! In less than five months now, we will be celebrating the first day of Autumn! :wink: (September 23rd!)

(Just keeping all you foliage fanatics out there on your toes! :P )

Enjoy your spring and summer and hope the forum gets hopping soon with all sorts of questions for PWT and bm on your impending Vermont tavels for 2010!

I plan to be in Vermont every month now, starting in May for a day trip, to check out some new roads and fun places to visit. Vermont is so beautiful in summer and I am looking forward to returning after a very long and cold winter! The never ending winter it seemed! :roll:

autzig

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:48 am

OK CT, let's not rush autumn. Spring arrived early here in Minnesota and I want to enjoy it completely. Our flowering crabs are in full bloom and the tulips are glorious.

My wife and I are talking about a trip to the east this fall. She wants to get back to Boston and I just might be able to fit a trip to Vermont into our itinerary. She hates to fly and the Boston trip sounded pretty promising until we got off our airplane from Utah last week. She said she wasn't flying again. I think I can get her over that by October. I have to make some plans and get her blessing, but I may make it again this year.

Al

Andy

Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 am

Al: Hope your timing coincides with mine! I plan to be there the first week of October.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .