Foliage dates

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bill3540

Foliage dates

Wed May 21, 2003 10:00 am

My wife and I will be in Vermont during the period of Oct 13-16. While I realize that it is next to impossible to predict prime color dates, can we, generally, expect to find good fall color during this period? Thanks for any suggestions.<BR>Bill
wapiti

pwt54

Re: Foliage dates

Wed May 21, 2003 10:24 am

Very good time to see colors. May want to get a room early. They are hard to find at that time. Best colors will be in the central area,the north area will still have good color and the south will be just starting up.

Bassrick

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:55 pm

I'm looking to spend my honeymoon up where my fiancee can see the foliage. She has never been north of Tenn. Our planned week is Oct 20th. What are the recommendations for that time period.<P>Thanks,<BR>Rick

Kerry Gough

Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:39 pm

Oct. 20 sshould be a good time for southern Vermont, but the color could be possibly fading farther north, just depending on the season and how early the fall color foliage begins to appear. The color could be strong if you leave Vermont and travel south down Rt. 7 into the Berkshires in western MA and own down into CT.<P>I am from Georgia and go to Vermont and other New England states every year the first part of October. Go! You will see some beautiful color, if not spectacular, somewhere along the way if you like to travel the backroads and small villages. It is Fall at its best!<P>------------------<BR>