OFFICIAL THREAD: 2009 SOV 2nd ANNUAL FALL REUNION!!!!!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

If we don't get out of there before nightfall, that werewolf won't be the only one howling.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Carol: What about the lions and tigers? :wink:

Looks like all the wildlife will be heading our way under that full moon! :shock:

Not to worry, we have Phil and his brother and all the brave boys to protect us! :twisted: They can beat them off with their tripods!!!!

Maybe it would be fun to be in the wilds under the full moon? I mean, this is an adventure of a lifetime, Vermont, NEK, fall foliage, Lewis Pond, full moon. . . Wow. All the ingredients could come together for something big! :!:

By the way, who is the one that's going to be howling Phil?????? :P :P :P
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 pm

I don't know if I should bring some extra hot dogs or my 41 magnum pistol.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 am

Are the hot dogs for your energy supply stash or for the werewolf? :wink:

Or the bears? :P
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

GIC

SOV Inforamtion

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Hey ctyanky,

I think it would be a good idea at this point to create an agenda for the SOV reunion. In a locked post, sticky or in a PDF to be downloaded. I’m still a little confused on what all the details are.

Where, When, Who, What, How, Map , Date, Time etc…..
If this has already been done I apologize in advance. Sometimes I can be a blind as a bat.

Thanks GIC

autzig

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:04 pm

I've invited a friend to the reunion who I think is interested in CT. Here's his photo:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi GIC: I agree. So far all we have is that we are meeting around 10 a.m., Saturday, October 3rd in the Lake Willoughby village!!! But yes, we should get the whole package tied up soon! I will be the volunteer to do it since I started the thread....

Phil: what is the exact location??? Do we have a restaurant or parking lot picked out yet? We really need to at least pin down the meeting spot! Please help!

I think Carol and Phil have some ideas up their sleeves as to where we are going before Lewis Pond trek from the meeting point. I think the nude beach was one possibility!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: Carol said clothing optional........ :wink: (Please bring your sense of humor....)

After these pre-Pond adventures, we are then going by caravan up to Lewis Pond. You can hop in any of our cars or follow. Al and I are in Phil's car because he is picking us up at the inn which is on his way from Johnson. Carol's husband has a truck and can fit more people in there. Tim will be joining us too.

How long we are staying in Lewis Pond is questionable. Since it is a full moon one never knows! No really, we are leaving there before dusk. Before the werewolf comes out........ :shock:

Because Phil likes to "wing it" we are still not sure about dinner but the three of us are at least having dinner on the way home to Hyde Park. You are most welcome to join us.

Where are you staying overnight? Are you driving all the way back to Mass Saturday night the 3rd???

I will get it all together soon as we near the end of September. We really have done well getting together even under Phil's "wing it theory".

We share cell phone numbers so you can email Phil, Carol or I with your cell phone in the near future. I have quite a list of VT cell phones going now which is really funny because before we meet up, everyone is calling each other.....

So let's start with the exact meeting spot PHIL and go from there! I'm glad you will be joining the ever growing group! Now we have to convince IXL to go!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Al Al Al!

I posted the reply to GIC before I saw the bear invitation! He is most welcome to come too!!! Does he smell? I mean I would say he was quite precious but Andy has warned me not to use that word in describing wild bears!!! :P :P :P

He can sit in the back with me, that's ok. I will warn him if he gets out of hand or fresh, I will call upon Phil to get the bear spray out of the trunk pronto!

I can see the foliage geek fest reunion crazies have started getting excited, and it isn't even the full moon!

Nice photo Al. And thanks for thinking of me as always.......... :wink:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Carol: thanks! I didn't realize we already had a meeting spot! I guess we could meet a tad earlier than 10 but there's a delicious breakfast at the inn and I doubt I can get out of there before 9. I'm not sure how long it will take us to get from Hyde Park to the meeting spot. Phil's driving...

But I know you like to get up before sunrise and start shooting.

I'll wait and see what you and Phil have finalized and go from there! Thanks for seeing this through! :wink:

pwt54

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:22 am

I was at the Lancaster Fair yesterday and I'm recovering from that right now. I'll ckeck my email and get back to you later.

Andy

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:36 am

CT -- you can describe 'em (ther bears) any way you want. Just don't fool yourself into thinking they are precious. Nor will they be "fresh" in the main meaning of that term. :o
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Phil: Did you say you were checking out Stone Dam Road today? Lewis Pond? If so, eagerly awaiting your report! Beautiful day for a drive if you did! 8)

pwt54

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:44 am

Check my kingdom ride report.The weather was rotten, but the Red Sox won.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:02 am

Phil: I'm glad your brother is coming to the reunion! You boys are two peas in a pod!

From what I can tell from our Bennington Battle Days meet-up in August, we are in for a great adventure! This is going to be a lot of fun!

Let's hope the Weather Gods bless us for a stretch of incredible weather in October that we have had lately in New England! We are in for a very autumn-like weekend and cool with brilliant blue skies! 8)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:06 am

Hey reunion buddies! Our adventure into Lewis Pond is two weeks from today! So excited! :D Can't wait to meet everyone and see what Carol has up her sleeve! :twisted:

We need the Weather Gods to cooperate too as it looks like the foliage will be just fine!

And hopefully the wildlife is looking forward to meeting us as well! :wink:

See you soon!