OFFICIAL THREAD: 2009 SOV 2nd ANNUAL FALL REUNION!!!!!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 am

Phil: that's more manageable than the bean place. I would "try" it but on the Friday tour you have to sample my carrots, water, apples, dried fruit and low salt peanut mix, and 90 calorie honey nut bars......... oh and I do have a pumpkin bread as well. That might make you happy! :wink:

Is that a deal? :P
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ixl

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Quick weather note.. while the exact timing of rain over the next few days is uncertain, Saturday being a washout is a high likelihood. Might make sense to shift things to Sunday (if the storm clears out as prognosticated) instead.

My plans are up in the air. As of right now I am not going to be up on Saturday, unfortunately -- it's not just the weather, it is also that my primary "target" this year is the Champlain Valley, and there just doesn't seem to be any color around at this point. Also, I wanted to do moonlight shots and I can't if the weather is constantly cloudy and rainy.

There is a possibility of a respite on Monday/Tuesday and if so I may duck up north for a day or two and perhaps could meet up with some folks then if the timing works out.

Best regards,

Charles
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

bogey456

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm going to pass, based rain they are predicting. I'm going to go up on Friday when the weather is supposed to be much nicer.
Have you guys given any thought to trying to get together the following Saturday (the 10th) a little further south. Just a thought.

Al
Al

pwt54

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:25 pm

It won't be possible because everyone except us retired geezers have to work and live far away.
After a day of Ctyanky's healthy food I'll need a double helping beans & franks to recover. Healthy food on a foliage tour, who da thunk it ?

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Phil! I'm feeding you healthy food because we want you around for many foliage seasons and reunions to come! You should try it. You'll like it! You won't want to go back to those beans and franks and biscuits and sausage gravy stuff! (Although I've always wanted to go to Junction 101. I've heard a lot about it!)

The pumpkin cake will hold you over I guess........... :roll:

Ok! I'm outa here! Leaving at the crack of dawn!

See you all on Saturday for a wonderful day no matter what we are doing! Remember this is not just about Lewis Pond, it's about getting together with some truly great, down-to-earth folks. I am grateful our paths have crossed and am looking forward to meeting Al and GIC too!

Pray to the Weather Gods!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Andy

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:59 am

Phil: You are going to need an ANTIDOTE (maybe you'll share some anecdotes, too :twisted: -- private joke -- somebody will get it), for CT's "POISONS."

Here's my recommendation: 1 bag, UTZ or STATELINE Potato Chips (or is it Potatoe? That one confuses me when I don't have my cue cards up); ONe bag of Cheetos; One bag Brachs Candy Corn (or better, the harvest mix); assorted candy bars; a few of those Hostess Cherry and Apple Pies that come in the rectangular individual wrappers; Some Bear Claws (with all that rain, its probably the closest CT will get to those bears <g>); Mountain Dew, Pepsi, or Dr. Pepper, Salted Honey Peanuts. :lol:
Last edited by Andy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

pwt54

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 am

We can only find the UTZ brand at the Christmas Tree Place store and I won't be able to get there before tomorrow. My brother and I like their "Grandma's" chips because they are fried in lard. :shock: I can tell you this now because Ctyanky is on the road right now. :lol:

pwt54

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Cider donuts will work. :wink:

GIC

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Well I’m leaving out in the very early Friday am again. This time I have taken care of most anything that might delay me, like the other day. I will have my high water britches on and galoshes on. Not to mention my pocket size inflatable life preserver and raft.
See you all on the flip side. If you see me wandering around… I’m in a Smoke Gray 2006 Nissan Titan with Mass plates 51JF52.
If you see me say Hi.
Take care and be careful.
GIC

GIC

Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 am

LOL Carol good one. Humm who could play the role of Noah just in case?

It is 3:30 am very nippy, went out to the load the truck and looked up in the night sky.
I saw the stars crystal clear , a few clouds then a shooting star flared by. To top it off an owl was hooting in the near distance creating an echo through out the area. These are all indications of a great weekend in the foliage.
Adios I'm gone,

GIC
Last edited by GIC on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwt54

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Ctyanky fed me cider donuts and chocolate chip cookies all day. Plus she bought me a nice lunch at a restuarant in Fairfax. Now I am worried. Al bought me supper at the Bee's Knees in Morrisville. It is a bit eclectic for an old country boy like me, but the food is good.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Does anyone from the reunion have any photos to post yet from Lewis Pond? Obviously mine won't do. :wink: Please post soon!!! 8)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:47 pm

I've gone back and looked at when I started this reunion thread on January 8, 2009. 11,200 plus views later and 9 pages of posts, it "has taken on a life of it's own" to quote Carol.

What an undertaking it had become, coordinating and gathering reunion members, deciding when and where to go, where to meet and what time, how many cars to take, places to eat and stops for the photography professionals in the group, etc. etc. etc. Worries about washouts, rain and snow! Beautiful pictures posted by Carol along the way.

It was quite a journey! And we reached our goal!

Andy will probably be retiring this thread from "sticky status" to it's resting place on the foliage forum in due time.

NOT TO WORRY! :shock: In about 10 weeks I will be posting a new 2010 Scenes of Vermont Reunion Thread! :twisted:

After the new year, it will appear! See I'm already getting ready for the next ode! :wink:

All kidding aside, PLEASE try to come to the next reunion.

We really don't have any solid ideas together except that it's gonna happen folks! We have one heck of time believe me!

And it will be in Vermont! :lol: Planning it is almost as fun as the final meetup! Let's see if we can top that 12,000 views mark next year.

During the winter, I'll be looking forward to everyone's thoughts on exactly where we will focus for the "grand destination", Friday tour, etc.

Winter is VERY long. So we'll have a great time posting throughout the spring and summer. Remember, some of us must make reservations and work notifications probably by March.

STAY TUNED and thanks to everyone who attended in making it one of the most memorable times we've had in the great state of Vermont!

If you have any "final" (if that could really happen :wink: ) thoughts on the reunion, it's probably a good idea to post them as by the end of October, this thread will disappear into the black hole of the SOV Foliage Forum! :roll:

pwt54

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 am

It looks like foliage season is over for me. Things are looking bleak up north. I guess it's time to button up the house for winter and work on my photos. I'll be checking in for the 2010 reunion news.