OFFICIAL THREAD: 2009 SOV 2nd ANNUAL FALL REUNION!!!!!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Al, I'm already hooked. I've got hundreds of photos that I'm still trying to edit. We can go to Belvidere Pond. It should have good color, but I've never seen a moose there.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Carol and Phil: where are we meeting for the reunion in Lake Willoughby village? Have you two decided on a meeting place yet? 10:00 too late???
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Carol: this sounds wonderful! But will we be out of the wilderness by dark with all these fun ideas you have planned for the day?

I can just see all these wild beasts coming out of the woods and we're still in Lewis Pond with flashlights walking around trying to find moose! :shock:

By the way, where are we meeting and where do you recommend we have the dinner finale???
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:07 am

Probably the best place to meet would be the parking area for the public beach on route 16. My brother and I have eaten at Clay's Restuarant ( the old Jennifer's) in Island Pond a couple of times and it's good. Who knows where we'll be at dinner time? We gotta find a moose for ctyanky! I don't think she will survive another mooseless year. Speaking of moose. I hear that the VT fish and wildlife folks are going to put up a moose observation tower on it's property on route 105. I'm guessing between South America Pond Road and Notch Pond Road.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:28 pm

So we're meeting at 10 a.m. This means Phil you are picking me and Al up at at 9 in Hyde Park, then we are meeting at this parking area on route 16 and eating lunch eventually at Clay's. For dinner we probably should just eat somewhere on the way back to Hyde Park. Is there anything in Morrisville or Johnson?

Do you think the observation tower will be ready reunion day to spy on moose? It may be my only hope.................. :cry: Otherwise, we may have to go back to Glover to see my stuffed (ugh) friend.......... :roll:

pwt54

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 am

Okay, about 9 am at Fitch Hill. I'm not worried about dinner. I gotta feeling that once we get started on our tour we will be winging it the rest of the day.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 am

It sounds like a great day! Going with the flow! Sometimes the unplanned can lead to the most exciting adventures....... :shock: :twisted:

Carol: I heard a rumor that there is a wild reunion wrap-up party at your house in VT.......... Any truth to the rumor? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Andy

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Hmnn. All this talk about the nude beach and the wild party at Carols........I may have to change my plans and show up after all. I am laughing at the thought of us middle to older folks doing the "fully Monty" on the beach in October at Lake Willoughby :lol:
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Andy! Mon Dieu! This other side of you ------ :wink:

Are you sure you want to go to Maine this fall? I mean, apparently, Vermont is and will always be, where it's happenin'. :twisted:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 am

GIC: That's wonderful to hear you might meet up with our reunion group! I hope it works out for you. Stay tuned to "this" thread for updates about final meetup times and locations AND more wild adventures coming our way! Carol is looking into the boardwalk bog near Lewis Pond which I hope Phil agrees will fit into the very busy schedule for the day!!!

We're all looking forward to meeting you! Wow! This group sure is growing. I hope we can get some more last minute stragglers because we have such a great time with a lot of laughs. :shock:

Plus this is going to be quite a trip for you photographers who actually encompass all of the group (except me)! I'm still trying to figure out my digital camera.. :roll:

Hope to see you 5 weeks from Saturday GIC! :D

(Boy, I love to count down now! :wink: )

P.S. I just sent Phil a list of possibilities for next year's reunion too! I'm afraid of his reaction! :twisted:

pwt54

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:59 am

You bring that G-9 and I'll show you what to do. You'll be ready for the reunion in less than 15 minutes.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm

I'll bring the G9 Phil. I hope you are patient! :wink:

Being with a group of professionals will be a little initimidating. :roll:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Carol: I gave my tripod to Phil at the pre-season meetup in Bennington. I hadn't used this tripod in ages. Maybe he can use it! :P

Do I actually need a tripod to get through life? :wink: :wink:

pwt54

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:08 am

I'll have a couple of tripods so CT can use one. CT will only have 3 settings to worry about: auto, "P", and scenery set at underwater. An explaination of the underwater setting for you folks looking in that have a canon camera with this setting. The underwater setting removes a lot of the blue color for better photos underwater. The side effect is that it highlights the reds, oranges and yellows of the fall foliage and can produce some great foliage photos. It will oversaturate the photos sometimes, but you can use a photo editing software to de-saturate the photos to your taste. There may be other brands of cameras with an underwater setting, so check out your camera and if it does have an underwater setting use this for fall foliage photos.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 am

The October Harvest Moon will be full and shining 100% for our reunion weekend -10/3 and 10/4!:shock:

An appropriate occurence for our crazy group of foliage "lunatics"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I think the French word for moon is "La Lune". I assume lunatic comes from the full moon bringing out the wild ones! Maybe the wildlife will be hopping too?

Moose, bears............. :twisted: