The Last Hurrah.........

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

The Last Hurrah.........

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Foliage Friends: After two days of traveling in parts of MA and most of North Central CT this weekend, I am really ready to wind up my autumn adventures. Many trees in these areas were past peak and all the color is probably in Southern CT, although some sections of central CT are showing great color with many trees just starting to turn over!

I got my final foliage shot in the arm this weekend. I usually take a good day to myself and drive around for hours which I did on Sunday. I left at 11 and got home around 5 and had the time of my life. This is a day of reflection for me and it helps me say goodbye to my leaves with a smile. The falling leaves, bare trees, drop in temperature and the "winds of change" ease me into accepting the fact that this season is indeed coming to an end. And what a season it was!

I hope you all enjoyed your Vermont adventures and I look forward to next year with great anticipation! This forum is the best! Let's keep it shining in the coming months when the cold weather rolls in and the snow is a fallin'.

I am now ready to embrace the next season! Bring it on! :wink: CT