October 18-22

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

stacee

October 18-22

Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:52 pm

We are flying into Philadelphia from Texas and plan to drive into Vermont for two days. We have been to VT twice before and loved it. How are these dates looking for foliage and related crowds? We are considering the White River Junction area. Any suggestions?<BR>(so far we are just happy that we are not driving those 36 hours straight from TX with 3 kids under 5years of age!) This is also our first fall trip. We have been the last few days of october and early november, and during summer. Tips on current weather appreciated as well. We have been in VT on Halloween in the snow with only light jackets, lesson learned!<P>------------------<BR>SM
SM

Kingatic

Re: October 18-22

Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:21 pm

I just got back from my place that is 45 mins. from White River Jct. If you can get a place in White River, get on the road and head to Woodstock and Bridgewater Corners. i posted eariler on where my place is, trust me, take our mountain road as far as you can go. We rented a 4 door car and was able to go a long way up the mountain. The road and bridges have just been rebuilt. Up towards the top is some very nice meadows and a very beautiful pond, plus our meadow. Hope you have a great trip. Check out our meadow, you can find it with a little research here. If you cant find it, just ask the people at the Bridgewater Corners Country Store, they'll know where it is. The gondolas at Killington will be a great show. Enjoy. Hope this helps.
M. Kirby

pwt54

Re: October 18-22

Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:32 am

Good foliage will be around route US4 near White river and better south of there. If you have trouble finding a room try a major ski area like Killington. They have more rooms per square mile than anywhere else in Vermont.