Update on Snow Geese at Addison's Dead Creek Wildlife 10/10/

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Update on Snow Geese at Addison's Dead Creek Wildlife 10/10/

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Foliage Friends, Fanatics and Leef Peepers! What a gorgeous day! What a route and activity day as well!!!!

After touring Bragg Hill Road in Waitsfield (stunning, colorful, unbelievable views) we headed down the App Gap (highway 17). Very windy but lovely with lots of color! I loved Bristol! Then on to Addison!

I must say that I was a little disappionted! There were only a few flocks coming and going and on some of the fields but not near the fence. I still think it was an exhilarating experience (but I do think that of most of the things I do in VT :wink: ). My friends loved it. I knew we were early when we went there, so I think in one to two weeks the magical wonder of nature will be at its utmost! We followed pwt's directions to Gage Road and tried to find a couple of flocks that left the viewing area to the south fields, but by the time we got there, they were gone! :cry: Oh well! We tried!!! :cry:

Next year when I come to VT after Columbus Day for trip number 2, we will try again. There is always next year! If anyone is going to Dead Creek in a week or ten days, you will hit the jackpot! :D