Woodstock, Quechee, bridgewater, & Killington Report

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Kingatic

Woodstock, Quechee, bridgewater, & Killington Report

Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:41 am

Just got back, was my first trip up, what a sight. Waking up and looking out over a meadow of 80-90% color, from every shade of red to gold to yellow to orange. Quechee Gorge is still a ways from peak, didnt ride the gondola at Killington because of the rain, but comparing our meadow and the surrounding areas, the peak will be this week. I have never seen anything so beautiful in nature. We even had the privliage to see a black bear, a deer and at least a dozen turkeys on the property. Rt. 100 and 12 offer some fabulous driving. if anyone is in or cutting through bridgewater on 104, I believe, there is the Long Trail Brewery, eat lunch. Take the srteet across from it, drive up and follow Chatageauy Road up till it turns to dirt, go a few hundred yards, and you will come to a white House with a red shed on the right and a huge very old barn on the left. Pull in the yard and walk around the hause and view our meadow. If it is sunny, you cant ask for a better scene. I didnt want to come back to SC. Thanks to everyone, and good luck to the Leaf Peepers. Also if near Woodstock, pick up a few sandwiches from the Woodstock farmers Market, thir chicken and apple smoked bacon chicken sandwhich is a must!!
M. Kirby