Need help w/ Rochester route to Chelsea and Strafford areas

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Need help w/ Rochester route to Chelsea and Strafford areas

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:37 pm

I am intrigued by some of the towns and villages near where I am staying in Rochester. By way of the descriptions in the Explorer’s Guide, the towns of Strafford, Chelsea, Tunbridge (the book says that Tunbridge has five covered bridges), Brookfield, Royalton and Randolph sound so inviting! All the routes sound gorgeous, but I need help connecting them into a scenic, manageable road trip. To begin, I’ll be leaving Rochester by way of the Rochester-Bethel Mountain Road and end by taking Roxbury Gap Road into East Warren and then back down to Rochester. Guide highly recommends route from Tunbridge to Strafford. Is this doable or will I have to make a lot of criss-crossing to get all the towns in? If you recommend skipping some towns to create a nice route, so be it. So much to see, so little time. :?

P.S. Has anyone been to the Civil War-era cemeteries near Rochester?