I'm On My Way To Vermont!!!!!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

courtmel

I'm On My Way To Vermont!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:36 am

Well, this is what I wait for all year! We are leaving shortly and should be in WRJ by evening, God willing. I hope the colors aren't dull like I just read on this forum due to the warmth. I see the weather should be cooling off on Sunday/Monday just when we are heading home! :x I love the cool, crisp air. That's a big part of vacationing in Vermont for me. I am not a big fan of 80 degrees or above. Well as long as we have a safe trip and see alot of beautiful sites I shouldn't and won't complain. I don't know how I will handle not being on the forum for 4 days but I will try. Maybe I can find a computer kiosk somewhere to keep tabs and add my 2 cents. If not I will talk to all my foliage friends on my return home. :D :D

Safe traveling-

Susan
autumn leaf

pwt54

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 am

She would be able to read this but you others can. So I tell you that VT is trying to set free WIFI access at some of our rest areas. Right now the 2 on I-89 in Williston are the only ones I know of. Some of our other rest areas will have WIFI, but I'm not sure they are free.

SMS

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:49 pm

I'm leaving tomorrow for my first trip to Vermont! I'm having the same thoughts as "courtmel"....I hope the colors aren't as dull as everyone has mentioned! But either way I am sure the Vermont countryside is beautiful!

Has anyone ever gone to the Adams Family Farm for the fall hayride? Just wondering if that would be worth a trip out there.
~Sarah Marie

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:56 pm

My CA friends and their son took the night time hayride last weekend. They had mixed reviews. Said it was mainly for families with young children and wouldn't necessarily recommend it for adults just looking for something to do. They did enjoy the tractor ride, the weather was gorgeous and the moon was out in full. Bonfire was very nice. They said Adams Family Farm really knows how to run a business and they had a nice store with great things to buy. I've never been so I'm taking their word for it.

SMS

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks Ctyanky! I guess we'll see if we have time to fit it in. :) Sounded kinda neat.
~Sarah Marie