=>AGirl's Journey Report (LP,Part I)-pics/info

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

AGirl

=>AGirl's Journey Report (LP,Part I)-pics/info

Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:35 pm

Greetings fellow foliage enthusiasts. Given the positive response to my previous Journey Report (found: HERE) regarding my 300 mile ride in Northern VT, I've been encouraged to post a link to my ride yesterday which spanned 200 miles and covered some of the specific roads mentioned on this forum. You may find my partial (yet lengthy & chocked full of details & photos) Journey Report: HERE. I should have the remainder completed by tomorrow (Sun,9/30).

I plan to be in the region for at least the next 10 days. Safe & memorable journeys to all! Image

AGirl
Last edited by AGirl on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCE Nebraska

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:42 am

What fabulous pictures and also the commentary. I plan in being in that area of New Hampshire on Oct. 9th and it gives me an idea what the colors will be like at that time. It appears that peak will be another week or 10 days except for the higher elevations on the Kancamagus highway. I have been in that area a few times before and can't believe you located so many covered bridges that I was not aware of. I am leaving on Oct 3rd and will arrive in Vermont on Oct 7th to spend 3-4 days in Vermont and a day in N.H.
So I will be checking your report and reviewing your pictures and your great commentary up to Oct 2nd and looking forward to my trip. I use WRJ as my base so I can take day trips in each direction so I don't have to look for a barn to stay in. <grin> Thanks so much for your presentation. I spend the month of February in your home state in an area where there is hardly a tree so I know how much you enjoy the foliage there in New England. Keep up the good work.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:23 am

What a feast for the eyes, especially for us bridge enthusiasts! Your pictures are lovely and inviting. Just can't wait to get to Vermont and am counting the days. Your pictures will hold me up until my arrival! Thanks so much. Just wonderful.

tim534

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:54 am

AGirl - You're reports are such a pleasure to read. Chock full of amazing photos, lively commentary (love the emoticons :lol:) and useful info (GPS!). I'll be in that area in less than a week. Can't wait!

AGirl

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Thanks for the nod... this peepin' is a lot of fun. My friends back on the West Coast would love this place :wink:

BTW, the edit for the above mentioned report/photos is now complete and can be found: HERE

AGirl

pwt54

Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:53 pm

Too bad you could'nt walk into the swiftwater Covered Bridge. I was there last Sunday and there was a nice foliage shot throught the east "window'. The colors on route 112 look better than last week, if you photos are any indication.