Rode 300 miles in Northern VT/NH today (info/pics) *updated

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

AGirl

Rode 300 miles in Northern VT/NH today (info/pics) *updated

Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:16 pm

I've been quietly following the threads in this forum over the previous weeks in preparation for my arrival in VT by motorcycle from AZ. I am by no means a photographer, but for those who would like to see a snapshot or two (ok, a plethora of 'em) of what it looks like in NEK & NH, I'm posting a link to my website: HERE. I'll be editing the post tomorrow with specific information on the location of the photos as well as road construction issues (like near Jay Peak). I plan to be in the VT/NH area for at least the next ten days and will cover many more miles.

Thanks to those who contribute to the forum. Hopefully I can do the same. :wink:

AGirl
Last edited by AGirl on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCE Nebraska

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:14 am

What wonderful pictures you posted and also thanks for your report. I will be in Vermont on the 7th to the 11th and hope the colors hold up in the northern parts of Vermont. Hopefully you will post more pictures and where they are taken in a couple of days.. I could not tell if ski areas were Jay Peak or it was at Smugglers as for the foliage. Keep up the good reports for a few days.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:10 am

These pictures are outstanding. They should get everyone extremely excited to begin their VT journey. I loved the covered bridges and will be anxious to hear where they are. Some look familiar. The ranges are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing those!

Aspen

Atta girl!! AGirl

Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:52 pm

AGirl, thanks tremendously for posting an "As you see it!!!" insight into how colors are actually unfolding in Vermont! I am one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" sort of folks! Your pictures speak a thousand words!
The colors in the pictures of the ski lifts in Stowe are great even though some areas have a bit to go. Wondered in 2005 when we saw mostly yellow and orange what the area would look like in reds! Wow, you have confirmed it can indeed be red and beautiful. Loved the way you focused your camera to capture the house through the Covered Bridge.
Locals what in the world does a road sign Thickly Settled mean in Vermont? Assure you alot of us from out of state have no clue! Fog?? Would think to post them, has a reason! Any other Vermont signs we need to be aware of?
Moose Crossing...cute; like everyone, we would be thrilled to see one in its natural environment, not crossing in front of our car though.
Recall, Bm expressed she loves an overlook on a Gap that looks down over a moose marsh?? What does a moose marsh look like? Literally a marsh with a moose in it , but seriously, let's talk geography when the moose is not there... :lol: Not sure where or how to identify a moose marsh. Is any marsh a moose marsh or do you have to be in a specific area? Oddly simple terms to some are complicated for others.
Again Agirl, thanks for all your sharing. When we return from Vermont, will have that letdown feeling like people have at Christmas...planning and planning; then it comes and goes in a flash. Now have all your neat postings to go back to and enjoy reading up on about your past and current travels throughout America the Beautiful!! Good luck and have a wonderful journey.

AGirl

Updated Journey Report is posted...

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback, fellow peepers. :wink:

For those interested, I've updated that report with specific information. (You can find it: HERE).

Hopefully, someone will be able to benefit from the facts I've posted. Let me reiterate that you do not need to own or have access to a GPS unit to benefit from the coordinates I have listed. It's as simple as copy and paste into Google Maps.

More to come...

AGirl

===>PS. Whoever asked a/b the "Thickly Settled" sign... you must have seen that in my MA report. Nonetheless, it's that state's version of essentially "Congested Area". Sounds pilgrim-ish if you ask me.

ixl

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Awesome stuff! And useful to see the state of foliage up there. Thanks! :)
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

Aspen

Agirl, keep 'em posts coming

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:51 pm

Agirl, your updates were not only informative but hilarous enough to leave me sitting here at the computer, laughing :lol: out loud! Keep your great posts coming. Really appreciate real time reports like that.

Andy

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am

Great Stuff AGirl. I photographed many of those same bridges along 118 in 2005. Love your stories with the pictures. Hope you'll continue to keep us entertained.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

courtmel

Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:33 am

Hi AGirl-

All of your pictures are beautiful! I was looking at your journey ithru the Yukon, etc. The bear catching salmon was amazing. You have a photographers eye without a doubt. You have shown me places I have only dreamt about. I envy you for your freewheelin' adventurous lifestyle.

You go girl!!

We will be up in VT Oct 3rd. Can't wait to see some great foliage and have a cider donut.

Susan in CT
autumn leaf

Aspen

Life's a journey

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 pm

AGirl, commend you for your wonderful outlook on life and kindly sharing so much information you've experienced exploring our country. You are a genuine inspiration to those of us who love learning more about beautiful places to visit in America such as Vermont.
Assure you that after our return from Vermont, we will be coasting along the internet, reading all of your reports.
Would like to recommend you setup a thread with a specific theme for your updated reports so those who log onto this forum will know where to go to when trying to locate your updates. Reason I am suggesting this is, I happened upon your update this morning. Told my husband to check it out. He could not find your update. I went to your original thread, was not there so took me a few minutes searching for it until I rediscovered it under the Covered Bridges thread.
Thanks again for sharing your rewarding, travel experiences.
What you have shared will make a difference as to how many will choose getting around up there in Vermont ... "to see what she could see!!" :)

AGirl

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Thank you for the compliments, I am humbled. :oops:

For those interested, I plan to post my next Journey Report later tonight (including many more photos). I'll start a different thread here on the forum and provide the direct link at that time. Stand by... :wink:

AGirl