Colors in New Hampshire

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Colors in New Hampshire

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:57 pm

My brother and I went up to Pittsburg (gasp) New Hampshire yesterday. We wanted to drive some of the logging roads on Magalloway Mountain. Wow. There are a bunch of them! We spent 6 hours wandering 1 section and didn’t make a dent in them. The colors up there are farther along than the Island Pond area. Things should looking good next weekend. In Coldbrook NH we took the route 145 shortcut to Pittsburg. The road starts at the north end of the village. It’s not well marked. The hospital is on that road, so look for a blue sign with an “H” and take that road. Nice views, a waterfall, and a stomach turning “whoop-de-do”. I’m not telling you where. If you have a hankering to drive the Magalloway Mtn Road, you should know that there is some logging on a couple of the side roads. The roads are wide enough for a truck and a car to pass by, and they don’t log on Sunday.