W. Dover Trip

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Kalinka

W. Dover Trip

Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:57 am

Hi all! My boyfriend and I have our very first trip to VT scheduled for Oct 8-11th. We are staying at a B&B in W. Dover. Any suggestions for things to see, do in the area or on the way up from NYC? Scenic things, horseback riding, great, not to be missed restaurants, romantic spots, antique shopping...any suggestions! We can't wait to see your beautiful state!!

pwt54

Re: W. Dover Trip

Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:00 pm

That whole area is scenic. I try Adam's Farm on Higley Hill in Wilmington. You never know what they're up to. Bennington is an historic area with The Bennington Museum and Bennington Pottery on County Road. Take historic route 7A north for a nice ride. In Arlington check out the Norman Rockwell museum. Take route 313 west and look for a covered bridge on your left. Go back and head north and take 7A north to Manchester. On the way up you can take skyline drive up to the top of Mount Equinox. Or stop into Hildene, Robert Todd Lincoln's summer home(mansion). Manchester village has a lot of great old buildings and Manchester Center has a whole bunch of outlet stores. Foliage will be a little early there but head north on route 100 and you'll find some the farther north you go.