Foliage update 10/19/01

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

jeanneb

Foliage update 10/19/01

Sun Oct 21, 2001 7:44 am

We just returned on 10/20 from a 3-day marathon through Southern Vt, Mass and the Berkshires, and Connecticut. Color was incredible. We went as far north as Rutland and Woodstock. I think we hit at peak (no more than a couple of days past peak in most areas). Wonderful colors in the valleys and along the Conn River. High elevations had lost their colors. We were in the Berkshires Wednesday. It was blustery, rained on & off. The leaves were still beautiful (even on the ground!) and will probably last til mid-week this week. We simply drove through Connecticut on our way to NY City. Color was pretty, but not spectacular.<P>We were surprised there were no crowds anywhere. The only time we regret not having made dinner reservations was in Woodstock, VT on Thursday night. It was a fabulous trip and we'll remember it forever.<BR>
Jeanne

Re: Foliage update 10/19/01

Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:44 pm

Thanks for the update! Having a wedding in Vermont Oct 19 next year and love hearing there is good color still! I know things change every year but I heard it was a dry summer and peak was supposed to be earlier. Looking forward to experiancing my first true fall (stuck with two seasons in south Florida, summer and kinda summer).