2002 Foliage Plans

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

2002 Foliage Plans

Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:54 pm

Can't wait to come to Vermont next year (October 9-13, 2002). Do you think the Mad River Valley (especially Waitsfield) will be beautiful at that time? The inn I want to stay at is already booked for the first week in October when I originally wanted to come up there. Should the second week in October be fine? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: 2002 Foliage Plans

Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:26 pm

The Mad River Valley should be beautiful at that time. Everything should be at or near peak. A week earlier, all colors may not be brilliant and a week later, all leaves may be brown and fallen. I think you will be fine. The Mad River Valley is a great place to base yourself for you are within an hour or so to every place of interest most people want to visit. Have fun, and check out the message boards frequently before your visit.