Looking for a Scenic Campground

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Looking for a Scenic Campground

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 12, 2000 2:27 pm

We have set aside the last week in Sept. + first 3 weeks of Oct. for a Camping/foliage trip in the east. We'll be traveling from Colorado and would like to set up a basecamp somewhere in Vermont, from which we will take day trips and an occasional overnight at B&Bs. Any suggestions for a scenic campground which would accommodate a 5th wheel (25 ft) with hookups, which is centrally located in great foliage country? Looking for quintessential Vermont (covered bridges, rolling hills, country stores) that I remember from my child

vilvic

Re: Looking for a Scenic Campground

Postby vilvic » Sat Jul 15, 2000 12:25 pm

Since our B&B is in the Stowe area (Morrisville actually) I am very partial to this area. Absolutely incredible foliage that time of year. Also unbelievably busy, some B&B's are already booked out...so firm up your plans for area campgrounds or B&B's VERY SOON, so you won't be disappointed. Consider staying for several days in an area and make day trips...saves a lot of packing and unpacking...also many places require 2 to 4 night minimum stays during foliage.<P>blessings<P>philip

svmoderator

Re: Looking for a Scenic Campground

Postby svmoderator » Mon Jul 24, 2000 4:24 pm

Peggy,I think that by the second week in October, most campgrounds will be closed for winter here. If anyone knows of some who stay open later, please comment.Susanne

Return to “Foliage Forum”