Oct. 4-5 Foliage Photos

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

lirwin13

Oct. 4-5 Foliage Photos

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks to many on this board for the helpful advice on some new spots for photos this past weekend. The color is incredible this year! I don't think I've ever seen so much red and bright orange! These photos don't really do it justice, but will give you a sample of the color to be found "up north" in Vermont (and a few from NH too!).

http://irwinli.home.comcast.net/~irwinl ... index.html

lirwin13

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:27 am

Thanks Carol! Russell Pond is a gem I discovered back in August when I asked at the hotel where a good area to look for moose would be. It's a couple of miles off Rte. 93 at Tripoli Road in Woodstock, NH. You literally drive through the campground to the pond. Over the summer, there were kayaks lined up along the edge... a photographer's dream! This trip, I made it a point to get there early in the AM to try for some fog lifting off the water. The shots from Barton are, of course, your inspiration - Burton Hill Road was great and I spent considerable time around Crystal Lake waiting for the clouds to break, which didn't really happen. I'm watching the weather reports for this weekend, and it looks like perfect weather for "leaf peeping"! Thanks again for all your suggestions!
~Laura