Revisiting a perfect morning at Job's Pond

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

orenphotography

Revisiting a perfect morning at Job's Pond

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 pm

As the nights start to cool, I have begun to think about Fall and its colors. I decided to go back through last year's images and instantly went to my favorite shot. It was only through the Scenes of Vermont Forums that I even knew about Jobs Pond and, on an early morning (Oct 2nd, 2012 to be precise), I headed out and found this scene before me.

I had shared a similar shot last year but found this image taken immediately before and used some newly learned techniques to try to bring out the subtle colors in the low lying cloud. Hoping for a great season and will be coming back here to get some scouting reports.

Hopefully this image will light up some excitement about finding these perfect moments.

More here: http://orenphotography.com/portfolio-items/vermont/

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Revisiting a perfect morning at Job's Pond

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 am

A truly beautiful shot. Reminds me of Carol's Seyon Lake scene!

WXMAN76

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:35 am

absolutely phenominal. thanks for sharing. But it couldn't have been last year, the sky is blue! ROFL :)

Utah Baker

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:10 am

Oren, love this photo! Showed it to my husband last night and it may have worked it's magic! We just might be coming to Vermont this year!!!!

orenphotography

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks guys

CTYanky - looking forward to shooting Seyon Lake (Groton - right?) this year

WXMAN76 - Seriously! Sky was blue for 10 minutes of the entire 48 hour journey up and back from North Shore of MA.

Utah Baker - Glad it worked. Hoping for an awesome season.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Eyal: Yes, Seyon Lake is in Seyon State Park near Groton. A true paradise. I was so inspired by Carol's incredible shots last year I corralled Charles into taking me to the park during our day trip. I was totally mesmerized strolling around the lake and boat dock. Although Carol hit it on a better weather day, Charles and I made the best of the fog and drizzle and got some great photos in spite of the lack of blue skies and sun. I hope Carol can come on and post what I think is the best of her best shots of the lake with the peak foliage in the background. There is a small boat dock in the foreground with two Adirondack chairs facing the lake. We got the lake when it was clear as glass. There are many white birches which add to the beauty around the lake.

I didn't want to leave! Charles had to drag me away! There is also a lodge there to stay. I think Seyon was a highlight of my trip last year. You won't be disappointed! Charles walked around the lake area and explored a bit and he also got some super photos on his website. I remember that I kept looking back at the lake reflections with the color and thinking, "Am I really here?" Carol can attest to the fact that this may have been her Vermont moment of 2012!!!!! Maybe we can squeeze this in again during our farm stay in October!

P.S. If I remember correctly, there "may" be a nominal admission to the state park but believe me, it is worth every penny.

By the way, your website is awesome! I will spend more time on your other photos but concentrated on the Vermont foliage first!

Hope to hear about your upcoming trip to Vermont!

Here is Carol's post from last year: just found it! Carol, hope you don't mind! I am your biggest fan! :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3014

shyu

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Thank you guys. I marked both on my DeLORMA map. Jobs pond near Island Pond; Noyers Pond near West Groton. Now, may I ask a practical question - Roughly speaking, in Northern Vermont in October, "early in the morning" means 6 AM or earlier? Just get some idea.

orenphotography

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

This shot was taken October 2nd, 2012 at 7:01 am. So not too early...

shyu

Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks Oren, look forward to seeing more of your excellent works on this forum. The early morning lighting you caught is dreamy and fantastic.

ixl

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Great shot.

I was at the exact same spot, the same day, about 2 hours later. Missed that lovely pink cloud, though I saw others at Lewis Pond overlook. :)

That spot was probably the most brilliant color of what was a really great year.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

sayani36

Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:01 am

Reflecting on a perfect morning at Job's Pond likely evokes a wave of nostalgia and contentment. Recalling the serene waters, the crisp air, and the tranquility, the person may savor the cherished memories, yearning to recreate or preserve the essence of that idyllic moment in their thoughts. mp bhulekh

richardd

Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:02 pm

Memories blossom as one revisits a perfect morning at Job's Pond. The tranquil waters, soothing melodies of nature, and the warmth of the sun linger in thought. Nostalgia paints a mental canvas, creating a cherished retreat where serenity and joy intertwine, etching a timeless masterpiece in the mind's gallery. gb whatsapp pro download
Last edited by richardd on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thiagoros

Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:03 am

sayani36 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:01 am
Reflecting on a perfect morning at Job's Pond likely evokes a wave of nostalgia and contentment. Recalling the serene waters, the crisp air, and the tranquility, the person may savor the cherished memories, yearning to recreate or preserve the essence of that idyllic moment in their thoughts. mp bhulekh
Your beautiful reflection captures the essence of a great morning at Job's Pond. Your writings combine nostalgia and contentment, enabling readers to relax and enjoy the peace of beloved memories. Very well expressed!

Thiagoros

Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:42 am

richardd wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:02 pm
Memories blossom as one revisits a perfect morning at Job's Pond. The tranquil waters, soothing melodies of nature, and the warmth of the sun linger in thought. Nostalgia paints a mental canvas, creating a cherished retreat where serenity and joy intertwine, etching a timeless masterpiece in the mind's gallery. gb whatsapp pro download
Your colorful narrative really catches the essence of an ideal morning at Job's Pond. Nostalgia creates a peaceful tapestry, and your words become a timeless masterpiece in the mind's gallery.Fm Whatsapp Download

harsada

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:44 am

Reflecting on a blissful morning at Job's Pond evokes memories of serenity, tranquility, and natural beauty. Such moments of peaceful introspection remind us of the simple joys in life and inspire gratitude for the wonders of nature. fm whatsapp